15 May 2015

Let's Write! Daily Findings

Almost Lost My Spoons

Let's Write! Daily Findings


Findings for this week's prompt!

Kristoph meandered around the Menileus grounds, determined to find something to do. As he walked, his thoughts began to wander. How long had he been like this? Well, that was a dumb question. His mother hated him in favor of his little sister Helena. As Kristoph had been the bastard child of his father and Mr. Greensworth’s mistress Lindsay, his mother had little use and care for him.
“Feeling down again, Mr Greensworth?”
Kristoph looked up and saw the gardener, Mr Archaon, staring at him from across the garden hedges.
“I told you not to call me that!” Kristoph sighed after his outburst. “I’m sorry; I just dislike that name.”
“Very well, Mr Kristoph. What shall I call you instead?”
Kristoph looked away from Mr Archaon’s intense stare. “I’ve been thinking about Arc.”
“Why ‘Arc?’ Why not something similar to your birth name?”
“Because I hate this place. I hate my father, my mother. The only people I get along with are the servants as that’s all I am to my parents.” Kristoph glanced sheepishly at Mr Archaon. “Plus, I’ve always liked your name.”
“Very well. I shall refer to you as Mr Arc.” Mr Archaon bowed elegantly and smiled at the young master. “Any last name?”
Arc thought a moment. When nothing jumped to mind, he thought a little harder. “Miles…” he said with hesitation after a moment.
“A soldier?” Mr Archaon asked. “Or distance?”
When Arc looked at the gardener with confusion, he elaborated.
“The meaning of miles; it traces back to an ancient language meaning ‘soldier’ but is also a unit of measuring distance.”
“You certainly are very knowledgeable, Mr Archaon,” Arc said, smiling.
“It comes with reading all kinds of books,” the gardener answered with a grin. “But, as far as names go, you should have a name that means something to you.”
“Probably distance…”
“Why’s that?”
Arc took a moment to respond. “I’ve been taught that I have no place here, so I shall wander miles to get away.”
Mr Archaon smiled. “Good choice.” He knelt down before Arc and whispered: “Want to help me plant some flowers?”
“Are they for my mother?” Arc asked in return.
Mr Archaon glanced away. “Yes,” he answered hesitantly. “You’re father requested them.”

Thanks and have a pleasant day!

Tay Alexiel



But I Found the Forks!

No comments:

Post a Comment